20080430

Random remarks

Ok so here it is end of April already. As most of you know, John is deploying for 15 months. we are not sure of the exact date but we think it's like 1 June. I do have an address for him and will email it to anyone who would like to have it. I will also let people know in the email as to the location of his unit but don't feel it wise (OPSEC) to post it on here. Although everyone over there is a permanent station for unit and the enemy is aware of their whereabouts I still don't feel the need to disclose that information. We're not at all looking forward to another year and an extra 3 months away from each other but.. Tis the life of an Army wife I say. There is so much to do still around the house and now they will be out on hold for the next 455 days ( more or less who knows). I can however let you know that he will not starve over there nor be bored. They have plenty of facilities to visit and a PX to go to for anything he may need. The time difference there is I think as follows ( from Eastern Time that is).. from April to October its 7 hours ahead and from November to March its 8 hours. But don't mark me on the months.. they don't turn their clocks ahead or back. I do not know how well the internet or phone services over there are. But hopefully I can get some info about that at a later date.

On a happier note (and I know it is a few weeks late but) we welcomed (well not us personally) a new member to the family on April 7th... Miss Katelyn Victoria Tepker. Wish we could be there to hold her and visit her. I am sure her big brothers Collin and Owen are happy for her to finally be there. Miss Katelyn makes the 8th grandbaby for my mom and dad in law. I think on my dad's side alone there are like 15 of us and like 5 great grandkids... hehe big family

Rylie is getting smarter everyday and if I wanted to I could go on and on about her funny little words she knows. But I won't. She is learning her shapes and numbers very well. She knows her colors very well. Still loves to read books and not leave mommy's side. She likes to play outside with her golf ball and her birdie (a badmitton birdie). She is learning to use pedals for her bike and likes to use the little scooter that used to be Justin's. Day care is not her favorite thing but pretty soon it will be an everyday thing. Naps are slowly fading away but there is still always rest time.. HAHA!!! She is becoming a very good little dancer and singer. She likes to sing songs and then dance to them. She is big on throwing tantrums now (not the tantrums I am used to seeing but they are all different in some way) she will start fake crying and get louder until she is screaming and crying (for real). So time outs are becoming popular around here as well. If you ask her how old she is she ised to say "rylie's 2" and now she will tell you "rylie be 3 soon". So she is smart and funny and cute and squishy and well all that good gravey.

As for me.. I am hanging in there. I haven't been volunteering since beginning of March. OOPS!! I did however apply for a job, get an interview and then finally get the job. Its a clerk position at the CDC building. It doesn't pay much but at least it gets me out of the house and Rylie socializing with kids her own age. it's basically an on-call position. I most likely wont start until sometime in June since I have to complete background checks and stuff. The job isn't umm... it doesn't guarantee that I am going to work everyday or all day so with Rylie being in full day I may be able to continue volunteering at the hospital red cross office. But we'll have to wait and see.

Well I reckon that's about all I got for now. So when the time comes closer I will email the address for John and then I will keep people up to date either on here or in emails of how is doing over there. TTFN

No comments: