My little girl is growing up to be a big girl!! Last Friday (25th May 07), I had put Rylie down for a nap, a late one as it seems to happen that way these days. I changed her before I put her down. When she awoke I had caught her right when she had put her head up from the matress. Off went the pants and off went the diaper and onto the potty. After doing a few things to make time pass, I sat down and talked to Rylie. 10 minutes went by with nothing. I gave her a drink and we talked more. 20 minutes went by and still nothing. Half hour later still nothing. I finally got the computer and sat down on the floor right outside the bathroom and ordered a potty training book (as this is my first time and who know's it could help). As soon as I hit the "Purchase Now" button and 45 minutes later I hear a sound. I looked around wondering what it was. I looked at Rylie and knew right then and there what that sound was. The sweetest sound you'll hear next you the moment a mom and dad hears their baby's first cry. I said "Are you peein Rylie?" She looked at me. The look was one that was not scared or excited but like a "what did I just do? Is this ok?" I jumped up, grabbed the camera as fast as I could. Totally excited for her. Yelling "Oh my goodness you peed. You are such a big girl." I gave her a huge hug and an even bigger kiss. I took a pic of her standing by the potty and one of her flushing the potty. I am almost definitely sure that I was more excited than she was. I ran and got her some big girl panties and put em on. Grabbed the phone and called my sister and then my mom. 10 minutes after that we sat down to eat and she peed in her booster seat which then went on the floor. HEHE!! It's a start. Now she tells me by screwing her face up and whining that she went in her diaper. She hasn't been on the potty since as I really haven't been around that much in one place. But we'll get there. Here are the pics I took. Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment