20070128

18 Months Old and Cleaning Already
















Rylie turned 18 months old yesterday!! It's hard to believe that in exactly 6 months she'll be 2. My mom and I have figured that Rylie is going through her Terrible 2's now... or maybe we're just wishing and hoping that she is. 2 weeks ago she was the same old little girl we had in California.. didn't really do much but play, laugh. eat and sleep. Now she's into everything and even trying to throw tantrums. As long as I have my mom here to back me up, the tantrums won't go far into our future. They don't work with me.. I just let her cry most of the time but sometimes she gives me this look and comes over and wants to sit with me. Ok I have given in at this point. But what can you do? I am basically a single mom and quite tired of fighting and the occasional spank on the butt doesn't seem to work. Guess it's time for Time-Out. Oh well. It's the trials and tribulations of a toddler. I was watching the news (or something) and they were saying about Forces of Nature causing so many distructions around the world. Well guess what? I looked around the house and I saw lids to tupperware bowls all over the floor, veggie cans all over, clothes from the clothes basket thrown about the room, clothes from the drawers mixed in dirty clothes on the floor. So I have dubbed this chaos... Forces of a Toddler!! So with all that mess.. we decided to put her little butt to work. Pictures show it all. 18 Months is a good age to start having chores, right? Or is that against Child Labor Laws? Oh well she enjoyed herself. And next we're moving on to learn to Swiffer!! Just a note.. the one picture where you can see her face when she is vacuuming.. she really does like vacuuming but she had turned it off and was upset that it wasn't on. Of course now she knows where the on/off button is and she doesn't let you vacuum without her helping. Enjoy!!

No comments: