20080919

Rylie at 3

How could it be that just 3.5 years ago John and I wondered if we would have any rugrats running around- other than our dogs. But here we are 3 years later with a smart funny "big" girl. Rylie Ann Jacobs is her name. yes she is definitely our child. I see everything of her is her dad and brother and sister none of mommy. But it is ok (she has my hair). Rylie is absolutely infectious with her talking and laughing. You hang on to every word and till the end of her long laughs. She likes to dust and sweep (yea I know wait till she gets older and has to do it right). She loves her dogs and hates most bugs (that would be me in her). Watching t.v. is becoming more and more popular these days. Her favorites to include.. Dora, Franklin, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends, My Friends Tigger and Pooh and the ever annoying Oswald. Rylie knows what some letters of the alphabet are and can count occassionally to 11. She is real good with shapes. Still loves her books. Every night before bed we read several. Day care isn't at the top of her favorite things. But she has fun when she goes and sometimes gets upset if we leave too soon. The lead in her room has nothing but good things to say about her. If I wasn't mistaken I would swear Rylie is her favorite. Always talking about how well she talks and knows many things. When she is the room during nap time, Rylie isn't normally put on a mat she gets to be up and sitting with her. Sometimes its harder for me to get her in the room without her cryin when the lead of the room isn't in there. Oh well. Growing like a weed she is. She knows basketball, baseball and foot ball. We cheer for either Steeler's or Sea Hawks. She likes to be right beside me (as I like to say up my bum) wherever I am. Talks about her "sissy" and Justin. Loves the water, the beach and family. These days it's all about daddy. Though daddy isn't around and won't be for a while, she doesn't quite understand. When mad at me or the world she wants her daddy. She talks constantly about missing her daddy and wanting him home. Everything is daddy... this is daddy's truck, daddy bought this for me, daddy bought that, daddy says, daddy did... etc ( i am chopped liver next to daddy). Although she is in the missing daddy stage and everything being about him. She will forever be a "Mama's girl". Not that I mind. Rylie is sensitive and sweet (at times) and has becoming very much a preschooler. The attitude has started!! Oh yes it has. Not fun for me. Not yet potty trained at night or for nap times but she is in her "big girl" bed. She loves it, I know Rylie is going to be a very good big sister. She has talked about the baby a good bit. (more on baby in another post). Our little Rylie.. gets more amazing with each passing week. I think we have someone very special on our hands!!

No comments: