20070616

Luau 6-13-07











As the years go by, I often find myself wondering where time goes. Leaving home sure puts a damper on everything as all the loved ones you wanted to watch grow up have grown up without you. I have been away from "home" since July of 1998 and wasn't able to watch my niece or nephew or cousins grow up. It pains me to know that I will never be able to get those years back. This year I watched my cousin Amanda graduate from highschool and soon off to college she will go. Friends having weddings and families of their own and getting education higher than a HS diploma. It really hurts a person, especially a sensitive person like myself. I know that I will never get to see any of my nieces and nephews grow up like I want to.. on both sides of our combined families. Wednesday, June 13th was my niece's 11th birthday. She had a Luau themed party. To look the part, I dressed Rylie up in the Hawaiian dress and lai (sorry if spelled wrong) that her big sister Sarah and big brother Justin got for her. She was the best dressed one there. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Oh an btw.. it had stormed for about an hour before the party and the kids were throwing water balloons afterwards so they were freezing and soaked and also.. the icing on the cake.. yea it was blue and yea it did stain a bit.. LOVE IT!!

No comments: